There are many benefits to sedation dentistry. We will discuss some common questions patients have concerning dental sedation.
1. Is it safe and does it really work? Yes, to both questions. You can relax through your dental appointment. Whether you opt for dental sedation because of fear or simply to save time by having more than one procedure done, rest assured dental sedation is a great solution to your problem whatever it may be.
2. What will I remember? You will have little or possibly no memory of your dental experience. That means no recollection of drills or odd smells.
3. Can I get more than one treatment done? Yes, many complex dental treatments that took six to eight appointments in the past can now be done in one sitting saving you an immense amount of time.
4. Getting numb has always been a struggle for me. People who have difficulty getting numb will find that sedation dentistry eliminates this problem.
5. What if I have a phobia of the dentist all together? if you are the kind of patient who has avoided the dentist and getting your necessary dental work done, even a simple cleaning….rest assured oral sedation can be used for all types of dental anxieties from a simple cleaning to more complicated dental procedures.
So as you can see, there are no more excuses for avoiding the dentist’s chair. Be sure on your first consultation with your dentist, recommends Dr. Paul Caputo, a Palm Harbor Florida dentist who specializes in sedation dentistry, to be open and honest with your dentist about your fears and concerns. A seasoned dentist, like Dr. Caputo will put you at ease and help you make the best decision for your upcoming dental work.
Paul L. Caputo, DDS3490 E Lake Rd S Suite A